Timeline: From Discovery to Grand Opening
- Discovery: Learn about Complete Pest Solutions for the first time.
- Education: Explore the potential of a Complete Pest Solutions franchise by reviewing available informational materials and reaching out to a representative when desired.
- Consultation: Conversations continue between the representative and the candidate to develop the relationship and consider whether the candidate is a good fit for a Complete Pest Solutions franchise (and vice versa).
- Disclosure: The candidate receives the Franchise Disclosure Documents to review the full details of the Franchise Agreement. The candidate is also offered a proposed territory in their desired location.
- Waiting Period: A federal mandatory 14-day waiting period is initiated upon receipt of the Franchise Disclosure documents (some other restrictions are applied in certain states). Discussions may continue between the candidate and representatives of Complete Pest Solutions during that time, but no agreements can be signed until the waiting period has finished.
- Close: Documents are signed and the agreed-upon territories are officially transferred to the new franchisee.
- Onboarding/Training: The new franchisee works with a representative from Complete Pest Solutions to schedule timelines for the different training stages and a date is set for the grand opening of the new franchise.
- Grand Opening: The franchisee, now fully trained and equipped, begins providing high quality pest and wildlife control services in their territory.
Franchise Ownership Phases
A Complete Pest Solutions franchise has three main phases, and each one will provide a different “day-in-the-life” for the franchisee.
- Phase 1 – In the Field: During the earliest days of developing a customer base, the franchisee will likely spend the majority of their time in the field. They will give inspections, sell jobs, plan routes and service contracts as a one-man-show or with the help of partners or early hires.
- Phase 2 – Training and Managing: Once enough business is generating income and growing, the franchisee begins to look at growing their team. They transition mostly out of the field and spend most of their time training and managing technicians and schedulers. Some of the extra time can also be well-used to increase sales efforts.
- Phase 3 – Passive or Semi-Passive: Once the franchise has a successful team in place, the franchisee can designate a manager to run the bulk of the day-to-day operations if they desire. This requires significantly less time from the franchisee than previous phases, leaving them to provide accountability for the manager and his or her team, set and track goals, and provide other necessary oversight.
Candidate Buying Points
- Can be Home-based to start (until reaching annual revenue of up to $100,000 or more)
- Low overhead to maximize profit, especially early in the life of the franchise when it matters most
- Scalable business model prepares franchisees for every stage of the business, from one-man-show to multi-site operation
- Semi-absentee ownership can be achieved once the franchise is established and stable with trained employees
- Being in an Essential Industry means Complete Pest Solutions continued operating at full capacity during the entirety of the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns
- Monday through Friday business hours with a half day on Saturdays and closed on Sunday (some franchisees may choose to work at other times if desired
- Recession-resistant and pandemic-proof (over 80% growth from Q1 2019 to Q1 2020)
- More diversified services than competitors
- Multiple revenue streams
- Recurring revenue including potential for large and long-term contracts
- Highly rated (4.8 star average rating on Google)
- Indoor and outdoor brand for any climate
*Investment Range: $70,200 - $149,950
Please see Item 7 within the FDD for details on the estimated Investment Range
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Advertising and Development Fund: 3%